As we are still dealing with the COVID-19 situation, but with the encouraging start of an easing of the National Lockdown, the EIBA would like to update its affiliated Clubs, Counties and indoor bowlers on various matters.
2020-2021 National Winter Competitions
The EIBA, based on the current position are still planning that its National Winter Competitions will commence in the Autumn of 2020.
As such we wish to remind all Clubs, County Associations and individuals who still wish to make an entry you can still do so until the amended closing date of Sunday 7th June 2020.
Clubs can also email Claire if they need to obtain Club entry forms, due to being unable to access forms which are in the Club.
2019-2020 Re-scheduled National Finals
The EIBA are still hopeful that the postponed National Finals will be able to take place towards end of September to early October 2020.
However, due to the seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic over the last few months it would have been inappropriate to release details of the plans.
Now that there has been a gradual easing of restrictions and a road map for further easing and the possible return of Indoor sporting activities in the 3rd phase, the EIBA would be hopeful that details can start to be published over the next few weeks.
We are sure the competitors involved will understand that we are wanting more certainty that the finals can be played safely and that travel and accommodation for competitors are permitted.
Preparing for the return of Indoor Bowls
Whilst all Indoor Clubs continue to be closed, there are indications that if the COVID-19 situation continues to improve as the phases of the lockdown easing are implemented, this position hopefully can change.
In advance of this we will be issuing a guidance document to all affiliated clubs to help them start to make plans for how they can prepare to open, complying with the current self-distancing and hygiene directives, when permitted by the Government.
Updated 29th May 2020